Survivor: Toucan Sam ended last night. It was great! How can I still watch Survivor? Chalk my defense up to its hip to be square.
1) Stephen/J.T. – I like seeing displays of friendships. I actively look for them (which is why I thought Fight Club was a movie about friendship). Stephen got a little cloying but it was Day 39 and he was going to miss J.T. so it’s still all good. And at the reunion special, they were still all over each other. It was sweet. But, at the Final Tribal Council they were snipping and snapping at each other. Having been a Survivor Fan since the beginning, I can’t remember the final two ever talking back and forth like that in the end. It was awesome. And Stephen was deserving of at least one vote. He was a good player. But maybe he got the vote that mattered most. The vote of LOVE.
2) Taj, who is your dentist? Your teeth are WHITE. Your teeth are unusually white. Your teeth may be white supremicists.
3) Coach is an idiot. Jeff Probst was falling all over himself to talk to Coach. “The first vote is for…hey, we’ll talk to Coach in a second…J.T.” Coach was entertaining but he did not make the season, so stop saying that Jeff. And Coach, you did lie! Besides in the game, you told your job you were going to go get cancer treatment for 2 months. Whaaa?
4) You know that feeling when you are at a bar with friends, and one of your friends brings his girlfriend. And she brings one of her co-workers, or something, and you couldn’t really care less about what the co-worker has to say because you’d rather talk to your friends, and you kind of forget their name, and they keep on blathering on, and you’re like “really, that’s…great.” That’s exactly how the last 10 minutes of the Reunion show are when they talk to the back row of Survivors. Uh, Candace, you’re weird. (BUT, did you know that apparently, they all get $10,000.00 just for doing the Reunion show? Even Earl and Spencer and Jodi or what’s her name.)
5) I still miss Colleen Haskell.
Oh, Colleen. What ever happened to you?